Employment OpportunityPhysician needed for self-pay clinic
Physician needed for a self-pay clinic in the heart of central Pennsylvania. The clinic is designed to serve an approximate 35 mile radius containing nine valleys inhabited by numerous Amish and Mennonite groups.
Although the primary focus is the Amish and Mennonite population, services are available to anyone who needs medical attention and chooses to satisfy the bill themselves rather than use an insurance company. Without the hassles of insurance or Medicare/Medicaid, the Provider will be able to provide more quality time with patients and with less stress.
Patients will be farmers, carpenters, or owners of small businesses. This is a blue collar population that emphasizes the practical over the superficial, a quality that will be valued in the provider as well. If you would like to be a “country doc” much like doctors 70 years ago, serving a population that has strong faith and practices simple living, this is the place for you.
Additional practice details as follows:
- Patient range from newborn to elderly
- Treat family units and be able to treat those with chronic illness such as diabetes and hypertension
- Must be comfortable suturing, casting, administering IV fluids, and performing minor procedures
- Practice does not include Obstetrics but ideal of comfortable supporting midwives with treating illness and IV administration
- Clinic plans on implementing EHR and doing electronic charting
- Clinic has a working relationship with a local hospital, 15 minutes from clinic
- Also in vicinity of a tertiary care hospital and trauma center
- Both hospitals familiar with working with self-pay patients and the Amish and Mennonite population
If you have interest please email email@example.com or call 470-799-1075.