Annual Gathering 2016In beautiful Estes Park, Colorado!
June 17-19, 2016
YMCA of the Rockies
Estes Park, Colorado
Theme: Wholeness and Holiness: Views from the Mountaintop
Annual Gathering 2016 Report in PDF format
Worship and Plenary Sessions
Four plenary sessions anchored the weekend program. Each session began with worship, led by Lauren and Kim Martin from New Castle, Colorado, who reflected on various aspects of the theme, “Wholeness and Holiness: Views from the Mountaintop.” Kaleem Kheshgi from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was a versatile musician and song leader.
- Friday evening: “Spirituality of Illness–Exploring the Invitation to Go Deeper”
- Saturday morning: “Widening our Views: The Role of Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship”
Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship Board of Directors.
Sat. a.m. presentation slides
- Saturday evening: “Healing the Soul – Trauma, Violence, Reconciliation, Resilience”
- Beth Good and Melissa Roth
Healing the Soul – Sat. p.m. presentation slides
- Sunday Morning: “Tinkering in Today’s Healthcare Factories: Pursuing the Renewal of Medicine.”
AMN MHF Handouts – Sun. a.m. presentation slides
- End of Life Care: The Ethical Issues. Melvin Stjernholm, moderated a panel which included Lisa Allison and Rachel Neufeld.
- Stories from MVS: volunteerism, privilege, and community health. Hilary Garmen and Stephen Graber, Mennonite Voluntary Service (MVS) volunteers.
- Dreams: Listening to our inner teacher. Nancy Trottner
- Views from the Mountaintop. Glenda Kauffman, moderator; Ernest Kandel, Sonia Graber, and Murray Nickel.
- Life and Death: Our Divine Romance with God. Kim Mooney.
- Best Practice vs. Reality: Maintaining Holistic Care Abroad and at Home. Rachel Neufeld.
- Stepping Out on a Limb: Exploring the Spirit of Healing. Bud Wilson
- Death and Dying: Perspectives from Theology, Resilience and Family Systems. Kenton Derstine
A special thanks goes to the regional Planning Committee under the leadership of Indigo Miller of Colorado Springs who planned the details for Annual Gathering 2016.