COVID-19 (Coronavirus)Resources for individuals, congregations, and ministries
- MennoHealth Cast, Episode 8: Front line providers: Two nurses who have been redeployed during the pandemic discuss some of the challenges of redeployment and working at the front line of the pandemic. Coming soon!
- MennoHealth Cast, Episode 7: Interview with Joe Kotva, PhD, bioethicist.
- MennoHealth Cast Episode 6: Interview with Dr. Dan Nafziger, specialist in infectious diseases and epidemiology.
Tips for Living during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The following list was compiled following the MHF Webinar Discussion on COVID-19 held on March 30, 2020. It is presented as a downloadable one page sheet in PDF. If you find it helpful, please share with your faith communities.
Anabaptist Mennonite Resources
Managing COVID-19: Caring for ourselves and each other Particularly for congregations. Developed by a congregation and published in PDF by Everence. In English and Spanish.
Live Well, Work Well A flyer from MHS (Mennonite Health Services)
COVID-19 Resources from MHS
With particular attention to MHS member organizations including hospitals, mental health facilities, senior living communities, and disabilities services providers. (MHF is also a member organization of MHS Alliance)
Coronavirus preparedness. A message from Everence Financial which covers many areas from caring for yourself and others to investments.
Other Christian Resources
COVID-19 Resources from Christian Connections for International Health (CCIH)
Preparing your Church for Coronavirus (COVID-19) A Step-by-Step, Research-Informed and Faith-Based Planning Manual from the Humanitarian Disaster Institute of Wheaton College
1. Community Without Communing: Resources for Virtual Church
Digital pastors weigh in on shepherding congregations through quarantine.
2. The Time to Act Like a Community Is Now
COVID-19 is testing our understanding and commitment to our interdependence as the body of Christ.
3. The Church’s Role in a Pandemic
A pandemic of this magnitude is an opportunity to ask ourselves: What is the true function of community?
4. Our Church Doors Are Shut and Our Members Quarantined. Yet Grace Abounds
On March 7, Christ Church, Georgetown’s rector, Tim Cole, was diagnosed with COVID-19. Rev. Crystal Hardin speaks to her church’s response.
5. Protect Your Mental Health While Practicing Social Distancing
Most people battling depression already feel isolated.
6. The First Rule of Pastoring During an Outbreak: Tell the Truth
Do pastors have any unique responsibilities in the midst of an outbreak?
Support Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship
If you appreciate the services of Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship (MHF), consider making a contribution or becoming a member!
COVID-19 Web Discussion Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship invited the community of Anabaptist healthcare professionals and friends for a Web Discussion on the COVID-19 pandemic. 2020-0330 COVID-19 Web Discussion Monday, March 30, 2020, 7:00 pm EDT The webinar was led by...
In this episode, our host, Joann Hunsberger discusses COVID-10 with Dr. Dan Nafziger from Goshen, Indiana where he is Chief Medical Officer at Goshen Health. Listen in as they discuss the novel coronavirus, some common terminology used to discuss the pandemic and how it might effect our church community culture.