Student Essay Project 2019Annual Gathering 2019: "Well-being for All: Developing Resilience in Healthcare"
- Enrollment in an undergraduate, graduate, professional, residency, fellowship, or internship program relating to health (physical, mental, or spiritual).
- Support of the Mission of MHF to be an interdisciplinary community of Anabaptist health professionals which seeks to nurture the integration of faith and practice, to provide opportunities for dialogue on health-related issues, and to address specific needs through education, advocacy, and service.
- Describe an experience or project (scholarly, professional, or extramural) in which you observed or participated in a way which illustrates the theme: Well-being for All.
- Define the challenges and opportunities of individuals of your profession in living out the theme, Well-being for All, with patients/clients/colleagues.
- Discuss the influence of Anabaptist values of Christian love, service, and community as it relates to the theme, Well-being for All.
- Essay under 2,000 words (preferred format)
- Submitted as a digital document in MS Word or compatible format.
- Alternative formats will be considered if the idea is submitted by February 28, 2019.
(Any or all of the following may be given)
- Email essay content to email@example.com by March 31, 2019) with the subject “Student Essay Project.” Essays should be in a MS Word compatible format.
- Contact the MHF Office for details on submitting art or video content.
- Include a photo (JPG or PNG) and brief biography explaining your current position and future career goals.
- Awards will be announced on or about April 15, 2019.
Mennonite Health Journal, Vol. 20, No. 1, May 1, 2019 Well-being for All: Providing Care for the UndocumentedCarissa HarnishStudent Essay Project 2019 Winner [PDF] As I walked down the hallway of the student-run free clinic with Naomi, a 40-year-old...
Mennonite Health Journal, Vol. 19 No. 9, May 7, 2018 The Beauty and the Pain By Nicole Groff Student Essay Project 2018 Winner PDF “How do we weigh the beauty of this world and the pain of this world?” This was the question I asked as I sat on one of the...
Mennonite Health Journal, Vol. 19 No. 8, April 25, 2018 Nursing: A Whole Being Endeavor By Patty Peebles Student Essay Project 2018 Winner PDFNursing is a whole being endeavor. The work nurses provide requires an attention and compassion that can help...
Mennonite Health Journal, Vol. 19, No. 4, May 26, 2017 Creating Healing Environments Jessica Clasen, RN Read in PDF Providing a healing environment is essential to patient-centered care and aids in reducing anxiety and stress. Healing is not the same as...
Mennonite Health Journal, Vol. 19, No. 3, May 11, 2017 Medical Mission Trip to Nicaragua Milan Sheth Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship 2017 Essay Scholarship Read in PDF It is a privilege and a blessing to be in a position to help those in need. In the Bible, Jesus...
Mennonite Health Journal, Vol. 19, No. 2, May 8, 2017 The Healing Power of Story Beth Toner, MJ, RN Mennonite Healthcare Fellowship 2017 Essay Scholarship Read in PDF The shift report might have sounded something like this: "82-year-old female, status...